Visit the forum if you have a language query!
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Third person singular
- (transitive) To make happy or satisfy; to give pleasure.
- Her presentation pleased the executives.
- (intransitive) To desire; to will.
- Just do as you please.
Short for if you please, itself a shortening of if it pleases you.
- (for the exaggerated way it is often pronounced) puh-lease
- An interjection used to make a polite request.
- Please, pass the bread.
- Would you please sign this form?
- Could you tell me the time, please?
- An expression of annoyance or impatience.
- Oh, please, do we have to hear that again?
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Said as a request to repeat information; excuse me.  
Elsewhere on the web