Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (UK) IPA: /ˈplɛʒə/, SAMPA: /"plEZ@/
- (US) enPR: plĕzhʹər, IPA: /ˈplɛʒɚ/, SAMPA: /"plEZ@`/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -ɛʒə(r)
- (uncountable) a state of being pleased
- The puppy made the boy feel pleasure.
- (countable) a person or thing that causes enjoyment
- It was a pleasure to meet you.
- The puppy was a pleasure.
- (uncountable) one's preference
- What is your pleasure, coffee or tea?
- (state of mind) delight, gladness, gratification, happiness, indulgence, satisfaction
- (person or thing that causes enjoyment): delight, joy
- (preference) desire, fancy, want, will, wish
Third person singular
- (transitive) to give pleasure (especially sexual pleasure) to
- Johnny pleasured Jackie orally last night.
Elsewhere on the web