Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex mindsRemy De Gourmont
- The edible, fleshy stone fruit of Prunus domestica, often of a dark red or purple colour.
- The stone-fruit tree which bears this fruit, Prunus domestica.
- A dark bluish-red color/colour, the colour of some plums.
web plum colour:
- A desirable thing.
- A raisin, when used in a pudding or cake.
- (pejorative) A fool, idiot
- (slang, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A testicle.
- The edible, fleshy stone of Prunus mume, an Asian fruit more closely related to the apricot than the plum, usually consumed pickled, dried, or as a juice or wine; ume.
- The tree which bears this fruit, Prunus mume. See plum blossom.
a desirable thing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Adjectiveplum (comparative more, superlative -)
- (comparable) Of a dark bluish-red colour.
- (not comparable) Choice; especially lavish or preferred.
- She landed a plum position as an executive for the firm.
Adverbplum (not comparable)
- Completely; utterly.
- You're going to think I'm plum crazy for this, but I want to adopt all seven kittens.
- lead (metal)
Elsewhere on the web