Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A feather of a bird, especially a large or showy one.
- A cluster of feathers worn as an ornament, especially on a helmet.
- An upward spray of water, such as from a whale's spout.
- (geology) An upwelling of molten material from the Earth's mantle.
- (astronomy) An arc of glowing material erupting from the surface of a star.
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To preen and arrange feathers.
- (intransitive) To congratulate oneself proudly.
- To form a plume
- Smoke plumed from his pipe then slowly settled towards the floor.
- pen (writing tool)
This French entry was created from the translations listed at pen. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see plume in the French Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
Elsewhere on the web