Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -ɔɪntə(r)
- Anything that points or is used for pointing.
- A needle-like component of a timepiece or measuring device that indicates the time or the current reading of the device.
- A breed of hunting dog.
- (programming) A variable which holds the address of a memory location where a value can be stored.
- (computing) An icon that indicates the position of the mouse; a cursor.
- A tip, a bit of advice (usually plural.)
- The instructor gave me some pointers on writing a good paper.
- (of a timepiece): hand
- (of a measuring device): needle
- (icon): mouse pointer
- (programming) reference
- (programming) dereference
computing: icon indicating mouse position See mouse pointer
- IPA: /pwɛ̃.te/
- point (to extend finger)
This French entry was created from the translations listed at point. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see pointer in the French Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) August 2008
Elsewhere on the web