Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a good idea.Richard Saunders
- One engaged in politics, especially an elected or appointed government official.
- Politicians should serve the country's interest.
- Specifically, one who regards elected political office as a career.
- Unlike the other candidates, I'm not a politician.
- A politically active or interested person.
- Only real politicians are interested in this issue.
- 1863, “The Fountain Kloof”, in The Sunday at Home, page 211,
- You used to be such a politician. Do you remember the debates we held in Fitzroy's rooms?
- A sly or ingratiating person.
- There is a politician in every office.
- 1969, David E. Sanford, My Village, My World, page 90,
- Mrs. Dimitriou blushed at the compliment. "Antonios, you are such a politician," her husband chuckled.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) An expert in the work of governments, a political scientist.
one engaged in politics
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web