Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.Thomas Carlyle
- From [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] possessus, past participle of possīdeō.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To have; to have ownership of.
- He does not even possess a working telephone.
- (transitive) To take control of someone's body or mind, especially in a supernatural manner.
- They thought he was possessed by evil spirits.
to have; to have ownership of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web