Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (communication with God, act of praying, etc):
- (one who prays):
From Middle English preiere, from Old French, from Mediaeval Latin precaria, feminine of [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] precarius (“‘obtained by entreaty’”), from precor (“‘beg, entreat’”)
- A practice of communicating with one's God.
- Through prayer I ask for God's blessings.
- The act of praying.
- In many cultures, prayer involves singing.
- The specific words or methods used for praying.
- A meeting held for the express purpose of praying.
- Grandpa never misses a chance to go to prayer.
- A request; a petition.
- This, your honor, is my prayer; that all here be set free.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- One who prays.
- Yep, Grandpa is a real prayer all right.
Elsewhere on the web