Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.Roy Croft
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
AdjectiveWikipedia pretty (comparative pretti, superlative er)
- Pleasant in sight or other senses.
- Having conventionally accepted elements of beauty, usually just physical attractiveness
- She was such a pretty girl.
- Not functional or supposedly so. pretty buttons
- Unpleasant in some cases-pretty state of affairs
pleasant to see
Adverbpretty (not comparable)
- Generally indicates a diminished degree of an adjective it modifies.
- Catalan: força
- Chinese: 有一些 (yǒu yī xiē)
- Finnish: aika
- French: pas mal
- Spanish: bastante
- Swedish: ganska, rätt så (informal)
Elsewhere on the web