Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (textbook): (RP) enPR: prĭmʹə, IPA: /ˈprɪmə/, SAMPA: /"prIm@/
- (other senses): (RP) enPR: prīʹmə, IPA: /ˈpraɪmə/, SAMPA: /"praIm@/
- (all senses): (US) enPR: prīmʹər, IPA: /ˈpraɪmɚ/, SAMPA: /"praIm@`/
- help, file
- help, file
- Rhymes: -aɪmə(r)
- A textbook formerly used in primary education to teach the alphabet and other basic concepts.
- (biology) A single-stranded nucleic acid molecule required for the initiation of replication of a DNA molecule.
- Any substance used to start a fire.
- A small charge that burns furiously when given sufficient electrical current (Explosive primer) or when struck with force (percussion caps) that ignites the main combustable substances in explosives or ammunition.
- A layer of paint designed to underlay a topcoat, used to enhance the adhesion and durability of the topcoat and help in protection of the surface.
- A device used to circulate gasoline into the ignition chamber of an engine.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Oxford-Paravia Concise - Dizionario Inglese-Italiano e Italiano-Inglese (in collaborazione con Oxford University Press). Edited by Maria Cristina Bareggi. Torino: Paravia, 2003. ISBN 8839551107. Online version here
- example (something representative of a group)
This Slovene entry was created from the translations listed at example. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see primer in the Slovene Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
primer m. (apocopate, standard form primero)
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Apocopic form of primero. first.
- El primer hijo - “the first child”
The form primer is only used before and within the noun phrase of the modified masculine singular noun. In other positions, the standard form primero is used instead.
Elsewhere on the web