Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Adjectiveprior (not comparable)
- Of that which comes before, in advance.
- I had no prior knowledge you were coming.
- former, previous
- His prior residence was smaller than his current one.
- A high-ranking member of a monastery, usually lower in rank than an abbot.
- (law) A previous criminal offense on someone's record.
Generally suffixed with "to", as in: prior to. This word is often seen as causing confusion, as well as being perceived as somewhat pompous, and using "before" instead of "prior to" has often been recommended.
- former, previous, prior
- in front
- (figuratively) better, superior
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) abbot, prior
There is no positive form of this adjective.
|Case \ Gender||M.F.||N.||MM.FF.||NN.|
Elsewhere on the web