Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
When patterns are broken, new worlds can emerge.Tuli Kupferberg
- A place of long-term confinement for those convicted of serious crimes.
- The cold stone walls of the prison had stood for over a century.
- (uncountable) Confinement in a prison.
- Prison was a harrowing experience for him.
- (colloquial) Any restrictive environment, such as a harsh academy or home.
- The academy was a prison for many of its students because of its strict teachers.
place of long-term confinement for those convicted of serious crimes
confinement in a prison
prison f. (plural: prisons)
- prison (place, confinement)
Elsewhere on the web