Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -aɪz
- That which is taken from another; something captured; a thing seized by force, stratagem, or superior power.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Anything captured by a belligerent using the rights of war; esp., property captured at sea in virtue of the rights of war, as a vessel.
- An honour or reward striven for in a competitive contest; anything offered to be competed for, or as an inducement to, or reward of, effort.
- That which may be won by chance, as in a lottery.
- Anything worth striving for; a valuable possession held or in prospect.
- A contest for a reward; competition.
- A lever; a pry; also, the hold of a lever.
Do not confuse with price.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Latin: praemium
Third person singular
Elsewhere on the web