Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The person who does not know how to live while they are making a living is a poorer person after their wealth is won than when they started.Josiah Gilbert Holland
Third person singular
- (transitive) To extend in space or length.
- (transitive) To lengthen in time; to extend the duration of; to draw out; to continue.
- (transitive) To lengthen temporally; to put off to a distant time; to postpone.
- The government shouldn't prolong deciding on this issue any further.
To lengthen in time; to extend the duration of; to draw out; to continue
- "prolong" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web