Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (uncountable) The act of offering (an idea) for consideration.
- (countable) An idea or a plan offered.
- (countable) (in business settings) The terms of a transaction offered.
- (countable) (logic) The content of an assertion that may be taken as being true or false and is considered abstractly without reference to the linguistic sentence that constitutes the assertion.
- In some states of the US, a proposed statute or constitutional amendment to be voted on by the electorate.
- In mathematics, a proposition is an assertion formulated in such a way that it may be proved true or false.
- (uncountable: act of offering an idea for consideration): proposal, suggestion
- (idea or plan offered): proposal, suggestion
- (in business terms): proposal
- (in logic): sentence
- (in the US: proposed statute or constitutional amendment):
Third person singular
- (transitive) To propose a plan to.
- (transitive) To propose some illicit behaviour to, often sexual in nature
- Genitive singular form of propositio.
Elsewhere on the web