Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 Interlingua
- 4 Latin
- 5 Mandarin
- 6 Spanish
- Querétaro, a state of Mexico.
- Quebec, a province of Canada.
- Quebec City, the capital of the province of Quebec, Canada
- Que. (Canada)
- Je ne mange que les fruits
- I eat only fruits
- what (interrogative)
- Que tu prefere? - What do you prefer?
- see -que
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of three tones, quē, qué, or què.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
- Él dice que está triste. - “He says that she is sad.”
- Estoy más tarde que tú. - “I am later than you.”
- (indicating a reason, roughly because)
- ¡Ve más lento, que es resbaloso! - “Slow down, (because) it is slippery!”
- (indicating desire or permission)
- Que punza el globo. - “Pop the balloon.”
yo que tú
- if I were you
- no lo hizo yo que tú - “I wouldn't do it if I were you.”
- the thing is
- quiero ir, es que necesito cumplir la tarea - “I want to go, it’s just that I have to finish my homework.”
- who; that
- la estrella que está en la película - “the star who is in the movie”
- that; whom
- la mujer con que yo hablé - “the woman with whom I spoke”
- that; which
- la casa que yo quiero - “the house which I want”
- quehacer m.
Elsewhere on the web