Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Those who live are those who fight.Victor Hugo
- (UK) IPA: /ˈkwəʊʃənt/, SAMPA: /"kw@US@nt/
- (US) enPR: kwōʹshənt, IPA: /ˈkwoʊʃənt/, SAMPA: /"kwoUS@nt/
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The number resulting from the division of one number by another.
- The quotient of 12 divided by 4 is 3.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) By analogy, the result of any process that is the inverse of multiplication as defined for any mathematical entities other than numbers.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A quotum or quota.
number resulting from division
result of inverse of multiplication defined for non-numerical mathematical entities
quotient m. (plural quotients)
- Quotient (result of a division).
Elsewhere on the web