Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Give me a fruitful error anytime, full of seeds, bursting with its own corrections.Vilfredo Pareto
- A fence or barrier consisting of one or more horizontal rails and vertical supports.
- During the war, everyone's railings were taken away to make bombers.
- hand railing is in place to provide guidance on stairs or in corridors.
- guard railing is in place to prevent accidental falls from an elevated area.
British use is normally the plural.
fence or barrier
- Present participle of rail.
Elsewhere on the web