Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is an end in itself, and the only question as to whether it is worth living is whether you have had enough of it.Oliver Wendel Holmes Jr.
- The act of receiving.
- (uncountable) (electronics) The act or ability to receive radio or similar signals.
- We have poor TV reception in the valley.
- The new system provides exceptional quality of the reception signal.
- A social engagement, usually to formally welcome someone.
- After the wedding we proceeded to the reception.
- A reaction.
- The ambassador's jokes met a cold reception.
- The front desk of a hotel or office where guests are received.
act of receiving
electronics: act or ability to receive signals
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web