Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Third person singular
- (transitive) to bestow commendation on; to represent favourably; to suggest or encourage as an appropriate choice.
- He recommended resting the mind and exercising the body.
- (transitive) to commit to another's care, confidence, or acceptance, with favoring representations
- (transitive) To make acceptable; to attract favor to.
- See also Wikisaurus:advise
To commend to the favorable notice of another
To make acceptable; to attract favor to
To commit; to give in charge; to commend
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web