Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of a time are like the clothes of a season: they are as arbitrary, as much imposed by some superior will which is seldom explicit. They are utilitarian and political, the instruments of smooth-running government.Wyndham Lewis
See also réduction
- Rhymes: -ʌkʃən
- The act, process, or result of reducing.
- The amount or rate by which something is reduced, e.g. in price.
- A 5% reduction in robberies
- (chemistry) A reaction in which electrons are gained and valence is reduced; often by the removal of oxygen or the addition of hydrogen.
- (cooking) The process of rapidly boiling a sauce to concentrate it.
- (mathematics) The rewriting of an expression into a simpler form.
- (music) An arrangement for a far smaller number of parties, e.g. a keyboard solo based on a full opera.
- (philosophy, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A philosophical procedure intended to reveal the objects of consciousness as pure phenomena. (See phenomenological reduction.)
act, process, or result of reducing
chemistry: reaction in which electrons are gained and valence is reduced
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web