Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Every perfect life is a parable invented by God.Simone Weil
See also Reed
reed (countable and uncountable; plural: reeds)
- (countable) Any of various types of tall stiff perennial grass-like plants growing together in groups near water.
- (countable) The hollow stem of these plants.
- (countable) Part of the mouthpiece of certain woodwind instruments, comprising of a thin piece of wood or metal which shakes very quickly to produce sound when a musician blows over it.
- (countable) A musical instrument such as the clarinet or oboe, which produces sound when a musician blows on the reed.
- (uncountable) (as a material)
- singular past tense of rijden
Elsewhere on the web