Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that.Michael Leunig
- Rhymes: -iːdʒən
- Any considerable and connected part of a space or surface; specifically, a tract of land or sea of considerable but indefinite extent; a country; a district; in a broad sense, a place without special reference to location or extent but viewed as an entity for geographical, social or cultural reasons.
- the equatorial regions
- the temperate regions
- the polar regions
- the upper regions of the atmosphere
- An administrative subdivision of a city, a territory, a country or the European Union.
- (historical) Such a division of the city of Rome and of the territory about Rome, of which the number varied at different times; a district, quarter, or ward.
- (figuratively) The inhabitants of a region or district of a country.
- (anatomy) A place in or a part of the body in any way indicated.
- the abdominal regions
- (obsolete) Place; rank; station; dignity.
- (obsolete) The space from the earth's surface out to the orbit of the moon: properly called the elemental region.
any considerable and connected part of a space or surface
an administrative subdivision
a division of the city of Rome
the inhabitants of a region
a place in or a part of the body in any way indicated
- "region" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web