Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (software) The distribution of an initial or new and upgraded version of a computer software product; the distribution can be both public or private.
- Anything recently released or made available (as for sale).
- The video store advertised that it had all the latest "releases".
- That which is released, untied or let go.
- They marked the occasion with a release of butterflies.
Third person singular
- To lease again; to grant a new lease of; to let back.
- To let go (of); to cease to hold or contain.
- He released his grasp on the lever.
- To make available to the public.
- They released the new product later than intended.
- To free or liberate; to set free.
- He was released after two years in prison.
- To discharge.
- They released thousands of gallons of water into the river each month.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web