Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.Don Marquis
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Third person singular
- To recall one's memory; to have an image in one's memory.
- I remember the formula.
- I remember locking the door.
- To memorize; to put something into memory.
- Please remember this formula!
- To not forget (to do something required)
- Remember to lock the door when you go out.
- To convey greetings.
- Please remember me to your brother.
- (intransitive) To engage in the process of recalling memories.
- You don't have to remind him, he remembers very well.
- In sense 1 this is a catenative verb that takes the gerund (-ing).
- In sense 3 this is a catenative verb that takes the to infinitive.
- See Appendix:English catenative verbs
to recall one's memory
to convey greetings
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web