Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] rēs publica ("republic"), from rēs ("thing") + publica, the feminine of publicus ("public"). Literally meaning "the public thing".
- A state where sovereignty rests with the people or their representatives, rather than with a monarch or emperor; a country with no monarchy.
- The U.S.A. is a republic; Great Britain is technically a monarchy.
- One of the subdivisions constituting Russia. See oblast.
- The Republic of Udmurtia is west of the Permian Oblast.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web