Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always.Rainer Maria Rilke
- The state of being responsible, accountable, or answerable.
- Responsibility is a heavy burden.
- A duty, obligation or liability for which someone is held accountable.
- Why didn't you clean the house? That was your responsibility!
- The responsibility of the great states is to serve and not to dominate the world - Harry S. Truman
- (military) The obligation to carry forward an assigned task to a successful conclusion. With responsibility goes authority to direct and take the necessary action to ensure success. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- (military) The obligation for the proper custody, care, and safekeeping of property or funds entrusted to the possession or supervision of an individual. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
the state of being responsible
a duty, obligation or liability for which someone is responsible
- "responsibility" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web