Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.Henry Ford
See also révolution
- Rhymes: -uːʃən
- A political upheaval in a government or nation state characterized by great change.
- The removal and replacement of a government.
- The turning of an object around an axis.
- In the case of celestial bodies - the traversal of one body through an orbit around another body.
- A sudden, vast change in a situation, a discipline, or the way of thinking and behaving.
- (sudden, vast change): evolution
- agricultural revolution
- artistic revolution
- Industrial Revolution
- solid of revolution
- information revolution
the removal and replacement of a government
the turning of an object around an axis
the traversal of one body through an orbit around another body
a sudden, vast change in a situation or discipline
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web