Visit the forum if you have a language query!
First coined 1557, from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] rhythmus from Ancient Greek ῥυθμός (rhuthmos), “‘any measured flow or movement, symmetry, rhythm’”) < ῥέω (rheō), “‘I flow, run, stream, gush’”).
- The variation of the duration of sounds over time; a beat or meter.
- Dance to the rhythm of the music.
- The tempo or speed of a beat, song, or repeated event.
- She walked with a quick, even rhythm.
- A flow, repetition or regularity.
- Once you get the rhythm of it, the job will become easy.
Elsewhere on the web