Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (RP) IPA: /ˈrɒdʒə/, SAMPA: /"rQdZ@/
- (General American) enPR: rŏjʹər, IPA: /ˈrɑːdʒɚ/, SAMPA: /rA:dZ@`/
- Rhymes: -ɒdʒə(r)
Masculine proper name, from Old French Rogier, from Old High German Hrotger, literally "famous with the spear," from hruod- (“‘fame, glory’”) + ger (“‘spear’”) Cognate to Old English hrōðgār, from same root.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Received (used in radio communications to acknowledge that a message has been received and understood)
- Roger, sir.
Third person singular
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Of a man, to have sexual intercourse with (someone), especially in a rough manner.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To have sexual intercourse.
- To copulate.
Elsewhere on the web