Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong, are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist.John Maynard Keynes
- (UK) IPA: /'ɹuːtə(ɹ)/ SAMPA: /"ru:t@(r)/
- (US) IPA: /'ɹaʊtɚ/, SAMPA: /raUt3r/
- Rhymes: -aʊtə(r)
- (Should we delete(+) this redundant sense?) Someone who routes or directs items from one location to another.
- The router directed the movement of the company's trucks.
- 1930, Edwin A. Godley and Alexander Kaylin, Control of Retail Store Operations, page 213,
- When the router receives the package, he places the route number on it as well as on the triplicate part of the attached salescheck.
- 1963, Louis J. von Rago, Production Analysis and Control, page 476,
- Obviously, the production control department might consist of one man or it might occupy a score of production control experts: routers, schedulers, expediters, and dispatchers.
- 1990, Mary Kay Allen and Omar Keith Helferich, Putting Expert Systems to Work in Logistics, page 66,
- The system benefits include reduced delivery costs, increased vehicle use, and improved route decision making by dispatchers and routers.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Any device that directs packets of information using OSI layer 3, network layer, information.
- (Internet) A device that connects local area networks to form a larger internet by, at mimimum, selectively passing those datagrams having a destination IP address to the network which is able to deliver them to their destination; a network gateway.
- The router was configured to forward packets outside of a certain range of IP addresses to its internet uplink port.
- (electronics, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) In integrated circuit design, an algorithm for adding all wires needed to properly connect all of the placed components while obeying all design rules.
Someone who routes or directs items from one location to another
A device that connects local area networks to form a larger internet
- A power tool used in carpentry for cutting grooves.
- He made an attractive edge on the table with a router.
- to route
Elsewhere on the web