Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is understanding that friendship is more precious than mere things, more precious than getting your own way, more precious than being in situations where true principles are not at stake.J. Donald Walters
- The condition or feeling of being safe; security; certainty.
- If you push it to the limit, safety is not guaranteed.
- A mechanism on a weapon or dangerous equipment designed to prevent accidental use
- Be sure that the safety is set before proceeding.
- (American football) When a player is either tackled in or loses the ball out of his team's own end zone resulting in two points for the opposite team
- He sacked the quarterback in the end zone for a safety.
- (American football) Any of the defensive players who are in position furthest from the line of scrimmage and whose responsibility is to defend against passes as well as to be the tacklers of last resort
- The free safety made a game-saving tackle on the runner who had broken past the linebackers.
Elsewhere on the web