Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of a time are like the clothes of a season: they are as arbitrary, as much imposed by some superior will which is seldom explicit. They are utilitarian and political, the instruments of smooth-running government.Wyndham Lewis
salta (transitive, weak conjugation)
- to salt
- nominative feminine singular of saltus
- nominative neuter plural of saltus
- accusative neuter plural of saltus
- vocative feminine singular of saltus
- vocative neuter plural of saltus
- ablative feminine singular of saltus
salta (infinitive: saltar)
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of saltar.
- The second-person singular of saltar in the imperative.
- plural or definite form of salt
|Conjugations of salta|
|Present participle||saltande, saltandes|
- to salt
- to request much more pay than anticipated or deemed reasonable for a given, performed, piece of work
- Innan snickaren börjar arbeta, be honom uppskatta vad det kommer kosta så att han inte saltar räkningen efteråt
- Before the carpenter starts to work, ask him to estimate what it will cost so that he cannot request unreasonably much pay afterwards.
Elsewhere on the web