Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A formal gesture done in honor of someone or something, usually with the hand or hands in one of various particular positions.
- The soldiers greeted the dignitaries with a crisp salute.
- Any action done for the purpose of honor or tribute .
- The orchestra performed the concert as a salute to Gershwin.
Third person singular
- To make a gesture in honor of someone or something.
- They saluted the flag as it passed in the parade.
- To act in thanks, honor, or tribute; to thank or extend gratitude.
- I would like to salute the many dedicated volunteers that make this project possible.
- hello, hi
- Gesundheit, gesundheit, gezondheid
- greet, greeting
- good health, bless you
Elsewhere on the web