Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is vanity to desire a long life and to take no heed of a good life.Thomas γ Kempis
to scatter (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
Third person singular
- (transitive) To cause to separate and go in different directions.
- (transitive) To distribute loosely as by sprinkling.
- (transitive) (physics) To deflect (radiation or particles).
- (intransitive) To separate and go in different directions; disperse.
- (intransitive) To occur or fall at widely spaced intervals.
to cause to separate
to distribute loosely
physics: to deflect
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web