Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is vanity to desire a long life and to take no heed of a good life.Thomas γ Kempis
- Originally, a musical school attached to a monastery or church. Also known as a schola cantorum.
- Today, a group of musicians, particularly one which specializes in liturgical music.
- Leisure time given to learning.
- A school; a place for learning or instruction.
- A student body; the disciples of a teacher.
- A sect; body of followers of a teacher or system, such as the Praetorian guard.
- An art gallery.
- “schola” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short (1879), A Latin Dictionary (Oxford: Clarendon Press)
Elsewhere on the web