Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
- Rhymes: -eɪpə(r)
- An instrument with which anything is scraped.
- An instrument by which the soles of shoes are cleaned from mud and the like, by drawing them across it.
- An instrument drawn by oxen or horses, used for scraping up earth in making or repairing roads, digging cellars, canals etc.
- An instrument having two or three sharp sides or edges, for cleaning the planks, masts, or decks of a ship.
- In the printing press, a board, or blade, the edge of which is made to rub over the tympan sheet and thus produce the impression.
- One who scrapes.
- One who plays awkwardly on a violin.
- One who acquires avariciously and saves penuriously.
Elsewhere on the web