Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Middle French escroue (“‘nut, socket’”) (Modern French écrou), from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] scrofa (“‘sow’”), referring to the screw-like tip of a boar's penis.
- A simple machine, a helical inclined plane.
- A (usually) metal fastener consisting of a shank partially or completely threaded shank, sometimes with a threaded point, and a head used to both hold the top material and to drive the screw either directly into a soft material or into a prepared hole.
- (nautical) A ship's propeller.
- An Archimedes screw.
- (slang) A prison officer.
- (vulgar) Sexual intercourse; the act of screwing.
- have a good screw
- (slang) Salary, wages.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To connect or assemble pieces using a screw.
- (transitive) (vulgar) (slang) To have sexual intercourse with.
- (transitive) (slang) To cheat or treat unfairly. Sometimes seen in the form 'screw (someone) over'. In combining this sense with the usage as a synonym for sexual intercourse, screw follows fuck.
- (intransitive) (slang) To be angry.
- (transitive) (slang) To forget or not care about
- (transitive) To apply pressure on; to put the screws on.
- WikiSaurus:sexual intercourse (2)
- fuck (taboo slang) (2, 3)
- (Australian) root (2)
- (British) shag (2)
Elsewhere on the web