Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is one thing that matters—to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.Logan Pearsall Smith
- (countable) (obsolete) A writing; a written document.
- Written characters; style of writing.
- (typography) Type made in imitation of handwriting.
- (countable) (law) An original instrument or document.
- (countable) The written document containing the dialogue and action for a drama; the text of a stage play, movie, or other performance. Especially, the final form used for the performance itself.
- (computing) A file containing a list of user commands, allowing them to be invoked once to execute in sequence.
- (linguistics) A system of writing adapted to a particular language or set of languages.
- An abbreviation for a prescription.
- (Writing): manuscript, handwriting, cursive, hand
- (Typography): cursive type, typeface, face, or font
- (Computing): macro, shell script, batch file
- (Linguistics): writing system, language script
text of the dialogue and action for a drama
procedure or program in computing
Third person singular
- (transitive) to make or write a script
Elsewhere on the web