Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.Francois De La Rochefoucauld
- A mariner or sailor, one who mans a ship. Opposed to landman or landsman.
- A naval rank, same level as private in the army.
- A merman; the male of the mermaid.
- Not to mention mermaids or seamen. — Locke.
mariner or sailor
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web