Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From Middle English securite < Old French (French: sécurité) < [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] securitas < [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] securus "safe, secure".
- (uncountable) the condition of not being threatened, especially physically, psychologically, emotionally, or financially
- (countable) something that secures.
- an organization or department responsible for providing security by enforcing laws, rules, and regulations as well as maintaining order.
- (law) something that secures the fulfillment of an obligation or law.
- (law) Freedom from apprehension.
- (finance) proof of ownership of stocks, bonds or other investment instruments.W
- (finance) property temporarily relinquished to guarantee repayment of a loan
- (condition of not being threatened): safety
- (something that secures): protection
- (something that secures the fulfillment of an obligation): guarantee, surety
- (condition of being threatened): insecurity
- Security Council
- security procedure
- social security
- security blanket
- security hole
- information security
- computer security
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web