Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love.Francis Bacon
- Rhymes: -iːʒə(r)
- The act of taking possession, as by force or right of law.
- The search warrant permitted the seizure of evidence.
- A sudden attack or convulsion, (e.g. an epileptic seizure).
- He fell to the floor and convulsed when the epilectic seizure occurred.
- A sudden onset of pain or emotion.
- He felt the sudden seizure of pain as the heart attack began.
act of taking possession, as by force or right of law
sudden onset of pain or emotion
Elsewhere on the web