Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.Guillaume Apollinaire
- Rhymes: -ɛʃən
- A period devoted to a particular activity; a training session.
- A meeting of a council, court, or legislative body to conduct its buisness.
- (computing) Used in reference to web applications, a session is the sequence of interactions between the server and a user. A users session can store persistent data between different web pages. For instance, a person might login to a site on one page, then go on using other pages on the site. The login step begins a session where the server tracks information about that specific user. Sessions typically expire after a set time of non-interaction and are removed from the server's memory.
- (cricket) A period of play in which the players only leave the field at a change of innings; the three sessions are between start of play, lunch, tea and close of play
- (music) A musical performance broadcast for a radio show.
period devoted to a particular activity
meeting of a body to conduct business
- Genitive singular form of sessio.
Elsewhere on the web