Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It's very good for an idea to be commonplace. The important thing is that a new idea should develop out of what is already there so that it soon becomes an old acquaintance. Old acquaintances aren't by any means always welcome, but at least one can't be mistaken as to who or what they are.Penelope Fitzgerald
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (cardinal) The cardinal number occurring after six and before eight. Ordinal: seventh.
- Describing a set or group with seven components.
- The digit/figure 7 or an occurrence thereof.
- (countable, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A card bearing seven pips.
the figure seven
a card bearing seven pips
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web