Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
We think a happy life consists in tranquility of mind.Marcus T. Cicero
sgoil f., sgoiltean pl.
- school, seminary
- a' dol do n' sgoil, going to school
- education, learning, knowledge
- A' bheil sgoil aige?, (literally) Has he education?, Is he educated?
- Chan eil sgoil agam air. I have no knowledge of it.
- science, literature
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Complied by Malcolm MacLennan)
Elsewhere on the web