Visit the forum if you have a language query!
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
she third person singular, feminine, nominative case (accusative and possessive her, possessive hers, reflexive herself)
- (personal) A female person; the previously mentioned female person.
- I asked Mary, but she said she didn't know.
- (personal) The previously mentioned ship, country, or female animal.
- She is a beautiful boat, isn't she?
- See Dictionary:English inflection for other personal pronouns.
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of four tones, shē, shé, shě, or shè.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
Elsewhere on the web