Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour.Sir James Jeans
- A flat, rigid, rectangular structure, fixed at right angles to a wall, and used to support, store or display objects.
- The capacity of such an object; as, a shelf of videos.
- A projecting ledge that resembles such an object.
- A reef, shoal or sandbar.
- (capacity): shelfful
projecting ledge resembling a shelf
reef, shoal, sandbar
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web