Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.Buddha
See also scoop
- A hand tool with a handle for moving portions of material such as earth, snow, grain, etc from one place to another. Not to be confused with a spade which is for digging.
- (US) A spade.
tool for moving portions of material
Third person singular
- To move materials with a shovel.
- The workers were shovelling gravel and tarmac into the pothole in the road.
- After the blizzard, we shoveled the driveway for the next two days.
- I don't mind shoveling, but using a pickaxe hurts my back terribly.
to move materials with a shovel
Elsewhere on the web