Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The aim of life is some way of living, as flexible and gentle as human nature; so that ambition may stoop to kindness, and philosophy to condor and humor. Neither prosperity nor empire nor heaven can be worth winning at the price of a virulent temper, bloody hands, an anguished spirit, and a vain hatred of the rest of the world.George Santayana
Old High German sih
sich (both accusative and dative)
- (reflexive) itself (direct object); itself, to itself (indirect object).
- (reflexive) himself (direct object); himself, to himself (indirect object).
- (reflexive) herself (direct object); herself, to herself (indirect object).
- (reflexive) oneself (direct object); oneself, to oneself (indirect object).
- (reflexive) themselves (direct object); themselves, to themselves (indirect object).
Elsewhere on the web