Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The hardest habit of all to break is the terrible habit of happiness.Theodosia Garrison
See also sit-up
- (noun) sit-up
- An exercise in which the abdominal muscles are contracted, bringing the torso of a person lying down to a more upright position.
- Susan's doing sit ups to gain some muscles.
- Alternative spelling of sit-up.
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To assume a sitting position from a position lying down.
- Despite being sick, Lorin sat up once he heard the news
Elsewhere on the web